Today I finally took out the bag of craft supplies from spotlight and decided to start playing.
First effort was a fabric flower. I used the 5 circles of fabric, each a little smaller (or bigger) than the last.
Cut the circles, run the edges over a lit tea light candle and sew together with a button in the centre.
It worked pretty much but I think the fabric scrap I used was too thick for that option.
I took a break for a few hours slightly disappointed that my first effort was less than perfect.
Later in the day I decided to throw caution to the wind and try a giant crepe paper rose.
With some hand drawn templates and a few ‘close enoughs’ it actually turned out pretty good.